Saturday, August 8, 2015

So close I can taste it!

Yesterday I did my weekly weigh in. I've now surpassed 95lbs lost, 95.7 to be exact! I'm so happy with my new life and my weight loss. 95 pounds in 4 months!  The so close part is that I am less than a pound from being under 300! I can't remember the last time I was near here. It has been more than 20 years! I remember when I went on weight watchers for the first time just out of high school. At that point I weighed 300 even. I've got between 80-90lbs left to go.

Heather and I started back at the gym this week. Well I guess I should rephrase that, I started back at the gym. Heather has been going since she is training to run her half of a half marathon in November. I made a commitment to get started back at the gym. I need to start getting more cardio and weight training so that I can tone and build muscle. With all of the weight loss I don't want saggy skin.  I don't have time to work out in the evenings. With soccer practice and just being downright tired after work (I work 10 hour days) I figured the only time that I can work out is early in the morning. Since I have to leave for work by 6, that means getting up super early. Heather and I have gotten up every morning at 4am this week to get to the gym by 4:30. We work out until 5:15-5:30. I did miss one day due to server problems at work, but I was still up at 4:30. I like getting my workout done early. Yes I am tired, but I also feel energized throughout the whole day. The only problem is that I crash by 8:30-9, but most of the time this week I haven't gotten to be until after 10.

Next report will hopefully be a big celebration. I should be at 100+ lbs lost and under 300!

No comments:

Post a Comment