Saturday, August 22, 2015

Finally made it!


Well I finally made it. I'm under 300lbs for the first time in 20+ years. The last time I remember being 300lbs was the first time I went on Weight Watchers. That was in 1988-1989. I went on the program and lost 50lbs. I then proceeded to gain that all back and more.

I was bummed last week. I figured since I was so close the week before to being at or below 300 I would have surely made that goal as well as a 100lb loss by months. I actually gained about 2lbs that week. I, as well as my nutrionist/trainer feel that the gain was my body adjusting to my new workout regimen.  Three weeks ago Heather and I made a commitment to get to the gym and get our body's in shape. We have been getting up at 4am every morning to get to the gym by 4:30 and we work out until about 5:15. We have been consistent and dedicated. There have been many mornings that I've gotten up and don't feel like going, but I do. The nice thing is that once I get to the gym I love it. I never thought I would hear myself say/think that. Me, lazy ass, liking the gym. I like the way that it energizes me, and I like the results that I am getting. I love that I am showing my kids that it is smart to be healthy!

I have nowhere to go but down from here (weight wise). Attitude and energy are way up!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment