Wednesday, April 8, 2015

7 days out


Well today marks 7 days until my surgery. I have to report to the hospital by 2pm for surgery at 4. I'm excited. I can't wait for this next chapter of my life to begin. It has come fast but I am mentally and spiritually prepared. I have two more days of work until I will be off.  I received my pre-op instructions to go on a liquid diet starting next Tuesday, nothing but liquids. This will include protein drinks, water, milk, liquid yogurt, and soups without any chunks (tomato soup etc). As of midnight Wednesday morning I can have nothing, no water, nothing until after the surgery. It's going to be tough but not as tough as it was when I had my kidney surgery. When I did that I had to be on liquid for two days AND be on a liquid laxative. NOT FUN!

Yesterday I received another tool to help me in my weight loss and fitness. I had been wanting to get a smart watch. I have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Neo watch and was about to purchase one. After contemplating it I decided to go with a FitBit Surge. It gives most of the same functionality that the Gear would but it also has the health and fitness portion included as well. I will be able to track my exercise and heart rate as well as my food and water intake. I'm looking forward to using this tool along with the tool of my VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy).

I'll update again after surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment