Wednesday, April 22, 2015

1 Week Post-op

Well I made it. 1 week post-op. I have to say it hasn't been that bad. I had my 1st post-op checkup yesterday and they were impressed with how I was doing. I'm down a total of 17 lbs. ! At the appointment I was cleared for the next phase of my diet, stage 2 which is liquids. This means things like yogurt, milk, soups with some color (still has to be smooth). I can honestly say I don't ever want to see or hear of chicken broth again. By Monday I was over it completely and was just drinking G2 the whole time. I was also cleared to try stage 3 foods (pureed or baby food stage) to see if I was ready to tolerate it.

After my appointment I went to the grocery store to buy some better foods. I picked up yogurt, sugar free pudding, cream of broccoli soup and cream of potato soup. The soups I will most likely have to run through the blender before eating but it will be better than broth! I also picked up some cottage cheese which is on the stage 3 list. I tried the cottage cheese as soon as I got home and it was wonderful as for the taste. 2 bites in and my stomach said nope, you're not ready. I switched to yogurt and pudding for lunch. It is still weird at the amount of food that I get. It seems very small but I get full! For dinner I decided to try a hard boiled egg mashed up into egg salad. My stomach was OK with it and I was full after eating a little more than half!  I'm getting all of my water in (64 oz. minimum). I've decided to cut sugars even more and limit my intake of G2. I'm only having that in the morning, the rest of the day is water.

My next followup is on May 5th and I'm hoping that I have a substantial loss by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment